Saturday, March 17, 2012

I AM Coming Back For You!



Don't worry, Julia Child's Duck with Orange Sauce.  I haven't forgotten you.  It's not that you weren't indescribably delicious the first time I made you.  It's not that I wasn't mortified when our dinner guests asked for seconds and we had run out of you.  It's just that, I can't handle three paged recipes right now.  I'm sure you can understand.  Please just know, Julia Child's Duck with Orange Sauce.  I'm coming back for you!


Don't worry, archive of family recipes.  It has been a few weeks, and you haven't seen the light of day. I wanted to be the one to tell you that I am bringing a boxed cake to Sunday lunch tomorrow.  Give me just another month or so, I promise we will be reunited as one.  It will be okay, I'm coming back for you!


Don't worry, Back in the Day Bakery Cookbook.  We haven't even gotten to know each other.  I'm not one to buy up cookbooks and leave them on the counter, all closed up, without butter spats and caked-on flour.  There will come a day, and the day is coming soon, when I will attempt the Mexican Hot Chocolate cookies, and the homemade butter mints, that are described within your binding.  I am coming back for you!


Don't worry, Raspberry White Cake recipe from the March Martha Stewart Living magazine.  Despite how things may seem, you have not been relegated solely as bathroom reading material.  I have you in the back of my mind, I am saving up enough brain power and stamina to create you for Easter.  But if babygirl comes beforehand, you and I will meet eventually.  Raspberry White Cake recipe from the March Martha Stewart Living magazine, it is just a matter of time until I come back for you!



No comments:

Post a Comment